Time Leaping
If you cannot be the writer, be the story.👀
A very close friend of mine once asked me, "If you were given a chance to leap through time, where do you want to go back? Why?". "Well, if I were given a chance to leap through time, I won't grab it. Like, why would I? Or should I? Nothing will change though.", I simply replied him at the drop of a hat. Honestly, I have had realize that my answer to such question was just a jumble of incoherent words for your guess is as good as mine. I spoke unintelligibly and looked like a junk. And how I wish I could leap through time and had a chance to change my answer. Oh, how I wish...for I have just thought for an answer - a worthy answer!
If I were given a chance to leap through time, I want to go back to the 16th day of August, year 1998 - Sunday. To the day I was born. I want to go back to that day not to be born again, but to be one of those people who witnessed how my father cried out of joy because I was finally born - born to love them and to be loved by them. To be one of those people who assisted my mother and saw how my mother painfully, yet patiently gave birth to their third child. To be one of those people who heard my first cry and laugh. To be one of those people who suggested for my name and waited for my parents to decide for it...and finally named me Shairyll Marie. To be one of those people who witnessed how my parents watched me as I sleep. To be one of those people who watched how my parents vividly guide me to my first step, to my first walk, to my first run until to my first stand from my first stumble and fall. I want to go back to the time where my parents first heard my first word and saw the reactions written from their faces of how proud they were. I wanna leap through time to be one of those people who captured my parents radiant smiles for my every success and courageous spirit every time I'm in despair. I wanna leap through time, by any chance, for those days and time when our second year class adviser yells at me for I was under her skin yet praises me for playing with a full deck. I wanna leap through time to be one of those people who stand by me when my Physics teacher tried to sue me over the article I have written in our school publication despite of its contribution and recognition and to be one of those tears I shed because of disappointments. I wanna leap through time, if given a chance, to be one of those people who comforted me when I was embarrassed that I forgot to recite some lines from the Girl Scout of the Philippines oath in front of my fellow students during our flag ceremony. I wanna leap through time when we were having our graduation rehearsal and to be either one of my fellow graduating students or teachers who laughed with me when I lose my balance and almost fall from the stage.
If I were given a chance to leap through time, I wanna leap from the day I was born to the present day, not to change my yesterday to have a better today, but to simply go back there and watch me grow from a distant as if I was watching a movie in a cinema. I want to leap through time for I want to learn and inspired from my own character and story...for I was made by God and my life is written by Him.
Nak, makanosebleed. Translate it, please. BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!
ReplyDeleteNaneun mianhada, appa😔😔
DeleteAnd you're one of those stories everyone should read����
ReplyDeleteAyiieee. Hahahaha!
Delete"Applause" I like how the words connected to the emotion that needs to be shown.. Nailabas talaga.
ReplyDeleteWorth reading ^_^ You cannot just be the story, but you can also be the writer, a great one!
ReplyDeleteWow! You writing skill is timeless. Bagwis na yan!!!!
ReplyDeletevery well-written
ReplyDeleteIf you leap back to the time period when your grandfather was born and kill him and go back to the present, would you still exist? hmmmmm 🤔
ReplyDeleteGosh. hahahaha. Amazing ! hahahaha
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAMAAAZIIING!
ReplyDeleteIf I were given a chance to leap through time, I wanna leap from the day I first meet you
ReplyDeleteamazing writing skill
ReplyDeleteWorth reading. You're one of the strongest person I know. Keep fighting my twin "Shai"! 😁
ReplyDelete